Thursday, April 14, 2011

Song of the Week (Big Freedia - Y'all Get Back Now)

I dropped the ball again...I know. You would be surprised just how hard Jenga is.

All I have to say is: OMG!

My buddy PT sent this to me last week and I nearly lost it. I mean the song is deafening, unless you are participating in a boot camp or a double dutch contest. A pioneer in the "Sissy Bounce" subgenre of "Bounce", big Freedia also operates an interior design side business. I'm pretty sure Kany West also runs one of these businesses called: "Drapes by D-bags".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cT6SwFIHA

However, the genius of this video is many fold. If you don't even open the video link, not to worry, here is a play-by-play from the Director's perspective:
1) Ok Big Freedia, I'm gonna need you to grab several outfits from the archives of "In Living Color"
2) You got em? Ok great...now start yelling non-sense and shaking your ass in a circular motion...also cue clouds moving in fast motion
3) Cue similar ass shaking from what appears to be an underage girl (definitely an underage girl)
4) Cue mass ass shaking from children...seriously children...I don't want anyone over the age of 17 out there shaking it (note: these are the views of the director...not those of JZ)
5) Now...someone get me that laser that makes people giant
6) Big Freedia, start pointing at people and dancing on buildings...yes...more of that
7) Someone get me some white people...stat. Ok white people, act as if you are seeing a giant ghey black man shaking his ass on some buildings...great job
8) Big Freedia...now it's time for your extended ass shaking solo in white pants...start yelling different stuff...but don't stop yelling...ever
9) White people...no don't run...you find yourself coming under the spell of the Sissy Bounce beats with the smooth yellings of messr Big Freedia...now start dancing like white people...i.e. like you are learning how to use our arms and legs for the first time
10) Cue black kids dancing...yes...way better than white people...be sure to do all the ass moves we talked about (again: director's views)
11) Extended "boom" solo
12) Someone get me a fat white guy to dance like people at the Slip Inn
13) Ok...now all of you are in outer space
14) Ok...now all of you are dancing on buildings like Godzilla
15) Great job everyone...now who wants SKITTLES!?

Please watch the video...I need people to talk with about this. It's just so strange. Y'all get back now.

Hope you Dig,
JZ

3 comments: