Friday, May 13, 2011

Song of the Week (Rebecca Black - Friday [Dubstep Remix])

Silent Disco...where have you been all my life...more specifically from the years 2001 - 2009, or what I would consider my "prime Silent Disco years".

I love it when girls say: OMG how random!!! Last night was so random! He is totally random!
Oh I'm sorry, by "love" I mean "HATE"! The rationale for this hatred is that it discounts the truly random moments in life, such as Saturday evening.

There we were just winding down the night with a fistful of Loon drink when someone gets a text that mobilizes pretty much a quarter of the bar to the Green Elephant. I still wasn't really sure what was going down, but I went because I didn't have a coherent argument for not going. We walk in and it's dead silent, but people are dancing...strangely. We were directed to go grab a headset.

I put on the headset, and I noticed two things:
1) the dancing still didn't make much sense (I don't think anyone really knows how to dance to dubstep, myself included...I basically just tried my hardest to act like a slow motion panther with jazz hands)
2) Silent Disco is totally rad

What a great concept. And what a genuinely random night. I've been told that there will be future Silent Discos, so please don't take this as a "you totally missed out" SOTW. Au Contraire! This is simply the SOTW endorsement for something fun to do that is very un-Dallas.

For the unfamiliar, here is a nice Dubstep remix of one of my faves (Rebecca Black's "Friday"). It's very true to the source material, with a nice little spin. Thanks Rebecca Black! I don't think it was played at the Silent Disco, but who could tell?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94TZJO_PXhU&feature=related

Fun Fun Fun Fun!

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment