Thursday, January 12, 2012

Song of the Week (Mr. Mister - Broken Wings)

Bass: Bom bom budom. Bom bom budom bom.
Vocals: Take...these broken wiiiiiinnngs!
Keys: Wah Wah Wah Woah

I was watching MacGruber the other night and I realized something: this movie is pretty legit. Seriously, I LOL'd at least 5x throughout the film. There is this scene where MacGruber gets shot (spoiler alert) and Kristen Wiig's character is extracting the bullet with pliers. Then they du it. "Broken Wings" starts playing and hilarity ensues. I quickly youtubed "Broken Wings", because I'm not wikipedia, and I learned that the illustrious "Mr. Mister" laid it down. This made me laugh even harder.

Mr. Mister also makes me think of Happy Gilmore (re: The Meesta Meesta lady).

Mr. Mister had a few minor hits, but "Broken Wings" was pretty much it. Don't look up the rest of their catalogue, cuz it sux (case and point: Hunters of the Night featuring an Iguana). This song was basically a rip-off of Maneater. Shame on you Mr. Mister! There, it worked! However, no one can take away the awesomeness of "Broken Wings". If I ever go to a Mr. Mister show, they better play "Broken Wings" exclusively.

Birthday shoutouts to Zard, Tom-bone, Springbreak Smith, Hoge, Monica, Katie, etc. Prouda y'all. A lot of my friends' parents were probably lighting some candles, drinking some wine OR Tab and listening to something like Broken Wings circa 29 years and 9 months ago. Yeah they were!
Note: I'm aware that Broken Wings came out circa 1986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyeVfuolT4
Style points: awesome haircut, raybans and trench coat with rolled up sleeves

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment