Friday, July 9, 2010

Song of the Week (oOoOO - Seaww)

OK...I've contemplated not putting this up, not because it isn't awesome, but because it might give you nightmares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0zYmPKAP18

oOoOO, pronounced: oOoOO is an up and coming band in the genre defined as "Witch House" or "Drag" if you're German (which I am). The video isn't what's important here, although it's pretty interesting. The song isn't really even my fave, but this band is like aural crack. I seriously just put this on, and my productivity skyrockets at work. I know it's weird.

You might say: "JZ...WTF...this music is so depressing." I would say to you: "suck it up punk. this band is the f'ing bombtrack. Why don't you give Pink Floyd's Momentary Lapse of Reason a listen and tell me this isn't in the ballpark?" For likers of HEALTH, Salem, the Chronicles of Narnia, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, Muppet Babies, Faxandu, and Teddy Ruxpin, you're probably gonna dig it.

Best listened to:
1) At work (with headphones, you don't want your bosses thinking you practice witchcraft / wizardry...unless your name is Square-a Smith)
2) When it's raining outside
3) When you are partying with wickens
4) When you are playing Zelda II on NES
5) After you discover that the party you just walked into is not what you signed up for...in fact it totally sucks
6) Before you watch this next video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_MVaCvgBC4

On a lighter note:

If you guys are interested, I got tapped to play bass with one of these bands at the House of Blues a week from this Friday (7/16). The band is called Parachute Addams (they're on myspace), and I assume we will be the opener (going on around 8ish).

http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventdetail.php?eventid=63659

I'm just filling in for their bassist. I’ve seen the band a few times and they’re pretty dece. It should be interesting.


Hope you Dig,

JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment