Friday, December 3, 2010

Song of the Week (Bun B ft. Slim Thugga and Play-N-Skillz - Ridin' Slow)

Bun B's "Ridin' Slow" came highly recommended from a certain friend with the alias Ben Bunny...coincidence? Maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNEfTXYktU4

Immediately comparisons were drawn to Lil' Troy's anthem "Wanna be a Balla, shot calla". I'll admit there are some similarities.

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest "Rap" fan, and I would firmly classify "Ridin' Slow" as Rap, but this song offers something more than the typical "Dance undawatah and not get wet" fare.

1) Bun B reps Texas
2) Produced by Play-N-Skillz. Oh you don't know Play-N-Skillz? Thas a CHOP!
3) Filmed in D-town...SUN
4) I'm a dirty South representer, summertime, spring to the fall to the winter
O.G. in the game, no beginner
Don't take a loss (loss), get with a winner
Lobsters on my plate for dinner (dinner)
And your bitch is the midnight snack (snack)

I love how rappers let you know how good they're living. Next time my boss asks me how my weekend was, I'm gonna be all like: Well, basically I left work and

Snagged more Eatzie's than I could eata,
so I saved the rest up in my freeza.
Went to Cap pub spittin' game at ladies
Then Street Fighter 2 at Barcay-deez

You know, generally, just ridin' slow...

Hope you Dig,
JZ

1 comment:

  1. you have no street cred...now sam the cat is a different story. his rap would involve sneaking out, terrorizing camper, and eating his parent's food.

    ReplyDelete