Friday, December 10, 2010

Song of the Week (Dirty Money - Coming Home)

In keeping with the recent Hip-hop-sploration, I decided to take on "Commercial Rap". I forgot there was such a thing, until I was at dinner with some girl from Atlanta. I asked her what kind of music she liked. She replied: "Any sort of commercial rap, you know like Trey Songz, Akon, Drake, Rhianna, etc." She might as well have punched me in the mouth. The only thing worse than "commercial rap" is "commercial country," "acid showers," "battles with Sam the cat" and "the creepy guy who works at Starbucks in Oak Lawn".

Did anyone else see Diddy on SNL last week (not live, of course)? I mean, how much did that suck? The whole time I kept thinking, if the ghost of Biggie Smalls was in the audience, he probably just died again...for realz. I felt like I was watching the Black-Eyed Peas making out with Kanye (ex-Fergie).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4abRsNZGSsY

In this song, Diddy/Dirty Money/Puffy/Sean (P.Diddy) Combs/D.Piddy, makes a series of proclamations and asks some puzzling questions. I would like to comment on a few:

1) "If you ever been lost in life before, this one is for you"
JZ: If you like things that are difficult to listen to, this one is for you.

2) "What if my twins ask me why I ain't marryin' Momz...Damn, how do I respond?"
JZ: Kids, I think you need to know the truth: P. Diddy like dudes.

3) "If you at home on your couch right now, wave your hands in the air!"
JZ: Seriously Dirty Money? Wave my hands in the air on my couch? Seriously Puff? If I ever go on SNL, I'm gonna say something like: "If you at home on your couch right now, I want you to write a check payable to JZ for $1,000, and then send it to this P.O. Box..."

P.S. I seriously wasn't drinking Hater-ade this week. See you at the klub.

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment