Friday, October 28, 2011

Song of the Week (Turq Jeep - Cavities)

So many topics to cover this week: Rangers, Explosions in the Sky, Occupy Dallas, Halloween. I'm just playin' this is the HALLOWEEN edition, FAM!

Yes, it's that special time of year where kids ring stranger's doorbells in hopes of obtaining something sweet and non-razorbladey. It's the time when a young man can dress up like a Nintendo game character or a Carrot or Phil Specter or Bobby Flay and feel totally secure. It's also that time when girls dress up like Baron's mom...OHHHH FFFAAACCCEEE! (Baron is my friend who has a really hot mom who dresses like a slutty Kreashawn).

I'll be honest, I thought about just half-@ssing Halloween this year. I've been busy at work, insert excuse and insert excuse. I was just gonna wear a suit and be an investment banker or Robert Palmer. As an aside, I think Robert Palmer used to work for JT Marlin...

Then I snapped out of it, partly because I found my secret costume just hanging in the back of my closet, and partly because I'm not quite ready to hang up the matador jacket/wig/blaster arm. There's something radical about Halloween. When people dress up like crazy characters, they just have more fun. It's true. In my late-night partying phase, I had a box (still do) full of "funny hats", which would be distributed routinely to revelers. This takes you into Level 1 Fun (the highest level of fun).

Level 1: Fun when you're doing it and when you remember it (Halloween)
Level 2: No fun when you're doing it, but fun when you remember it (Climbing Mt. Shasta)
Level 3: Fun when you're doing it, but no fun when you remember it (they call this the "moral hangover")
Level 4: No fun when you're doing it, and no fun when you remember it (feeding my cat Sam)

This week's SOTW is strictly to be played in Level 1 Fun zones: "Cavities"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXUF8GdD_0E

Your boys Flynt Flossy, Pretty Raheem and Watchyamacalit are at it again.

"I got that light saba
Darker than Darth Vada
More power than the maya
Call it the dragon slaya"
#subtle

I know what you're thinkin': boy Pretty Raheem sure has put on some lbs...I know, totally.

This is the Halloween anthem cuz babies will be gettin' cavities this weekend...

In other news, the quasi-climactic SOTW is nearly complete. Stay tuned.

Shout out to Ron Washington and the Texas Rangers.

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment