Friday, November 4, 2011

Song of the Week (AraabMUZIK - Feelin' so Hood)

A lot of the music that has interested me lately has been largely beat driven. Well, it has to sound good too, but I'm especially impressed with creative beats. Dubstep seems pretty played out right now, which means my Mom is about to ask me: "Son of mine! Have you heard about this new dubstep music?! I heard this band called Skittllesaurus Rex (Skrillex) It's kinda like Ghostparty (what my Mom calls Ghostland)."

AraabMUZIK is pretty f'n legit. My man Eric Zimmermann told me to check em out, and so I did. I hope this style is the next iteration of dubstep. Don't get me wrong, I can dig some wobble-bass, but after 1,000 wahwahwahwah...wabawabawabawaba....wahwahwahwah(s), I get a little bored.

Check out: "Feelin' so Hood"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZDtV6KDUis

Admittedly, the video was probably put together by a USC film student (Freshman), but the song is the bombtrack. Best enjoyed when one is feelin' hood.

2 - 3 more weeks...oh man

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment