Friday, February 5, 2010

Song of the Week (Garth Brooks - Thunder Rolls)

I've taken a lot of fire lately for my outspoken distaste for the "Country" genre. I want it to be known that much like

Guns : Not killing People as
People : Killing people

So,
Country Music : Not sucking as
Most Modern Country Musicians : Sucking

C'mon, we all took the SAT...please tell me you get it. All that in mind, I decided to dedicate this SOTW to my favorite 90s Country Artist and his best song.

Like many of his contemporaries who write songs about the weather:
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
King Crimson - I Talk to the Wind
Guns N Roses - November Rain
I could go on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWmOSByIOg

Garth Brooks explains the Night the Thunder Rolled. In this Song, Garth tells the story of some dude hooking up with a girl (who is not his wife), and SPOILER ALERT: He gets caught! He compares the Storm currently happening outside to the Storm happening in his wife's heart...VERY deep stuff. This is why Garth Brooks dominates and Modern Country stars are lacking in the domination department.

BTW...best Garth Brooks lyric of all time: "Papa loved Mama, Mama loved men...Mama's in the graveyard, and Papa's in the Pen." = Lyrical GOLD.


Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment