Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Song of the Week (Insane Clown Posse - Miracles)

I would like to thank Benjamin (Bunny) Williams for his spirited essay on a truly awesome band: Band of Horses. Well played sir...thanks for bringing it.

As some of you know I attended Jazzfest last weekend. As is the case at many music festivals, my ears were bombarded with some serious radness. I won't get into all of my music-induced epiphanies (there were approximately 3), but the most important one was the fact that SOTW has been neglecting guitar music. That ends now...I mean...next week.

I try not to do this very much, as SOTW is a professional blog that focuses on awesome music and rad videos, but this song/video is just too awesomely bad not to mention.

If you do one thing today, watch this video. If you do two things today, watch this video again (for the record I have watched this video at least 10x).

Insane Clown Posse ("ICP" or "Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope") perform a type of hip-hop performance known as "horrorcore". The songs of Insane Clown Posse center thematically on the mythology of the Dark Carnival, which the duo claim is a spiritual force that has revealed a series of stories known as Joker's Cards. These stories each offer a specific lesson designed to change the "evil ways" of listeners before "the end consumes us all." Insane Clown Posse has a dedicated following, often referred to by the group as Juggalos and Juggalettes. -wikipedia

Are you f'ing kidding me?! As an aside, these guys have 2 platinum albums and 3 gold albums...WTF!

On to the song: "Miracles"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

I have two theories about why this song was written, and I am not kidding when I say this:
1) These guys never made it past the 4th grade. If they had, they may have learned how magnets work or why their children look like them.
2) Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope are time travelers from 2,000 years ago, and although they learned how to rap and dress up like scary clowns, they never learned why a "f@ckin' rainbow forms after it rains".

My fave line from the song (this was INSANELY hard to decide):
"And I don't wanna talk to a scientist...y'all muthaf*ckas lyin' and gettin' me pissed!"

Seriously Shaggy 2 Dope?! Seriously!!!??? Why are they gettin' you pissed? Is it cuz they solve your precious miracles with logic?

When I heard this, it got me thinkin' about all the muthaf*ckas I know who keep lyin' and gettin' me pissed:
1) The Weather Man - you said it was 'posed to rain last weekend...you lyin' muthaf*cka
2) This punk girl at Kinko's told me my presentations would be ready by 5:30pm...more like 8pm! Sh!t be gettin' me pissed!
3) O'Dowd (my neighbor) - muthaf*cka said he would call me if the bass was too loud...and then before I know it, cops is knockin' on my door! F you O'Dowd...gettin' me real f'n pissed!
4) My cat Sam - acted like he was gonna go out to the garage and eat his food like a good cat...muthaf*ckin' lyin'! Instead he went in hid under my parents' bed for 20 minutes. I'm gettin' pissed just thinking about that misbehavior...

I'll bet you thought I was gonna list ICP...I would have, if this song wasn't so awesome.

Bday shout out to Gordo and Tron. You guys is miracles...magic everywhere in dis Bitch...

Hope you Dig,
JZ

3 comments:

  1. As a follow up, I am not sure if this newfound knowledge of ICP's status in the platinum record club is empirical proof that we are, as a society ofcourse, becoming a) extremely dumber, or, b) just simply more capitalist, the later making it all acceptable, in which case I am consdiring purchasing a clown outfit. It's like the milk man who works his way into CEO of Borden Milk. Should this REALLY be happening??!?!?111????

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUCKING YO-YOS, HOW DO THEY WORK!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://violentjisjohngoodman.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete