Friday, June 18, 2010

Song of the Week (HEALTH - Crimewave)

Before we get started this week, I thought everyone should know that I made a startling discovery this last weekend. I was at my parents' house and I went to go let my cat, Sam in the house. I found a laser disc in his bed next to his stuffed Lion. When I put the laser disc into my computer, this is what came up:

Sam's secret...

Cats today...what are you gonna do?

The Song of the Week this week is "Crimewave" by HEALTH. The rationale for this is pure and simple...it's a RAD video. Crimewave wasn't really a popular song until the Nintendo Powerful, Crystal Castles remixed it. HEALTH, pretty much kicks a ton of @ss on the reg, while they produce chillwave and witch-house beats with strange lyrics. They have a new album out called Disco 2, which has basically transformed my Summer from kinda cool, to totally cool.

This music isn't for everyone. You can't be any geek off the street. You gotta be handy with the steel...know what I mean...earn yo keep. Basically, HEALTH is exclusively for Regulators. If you don't consider yourself to be in the Regulator camp, then you might as well put on something easier to digest, like the Wiggles...and while you're at it, build me a f'n pillow castle!

So with that said, I present to you this Radical video called: Crimewave (there is a subtle double-entendre)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLxbAQMeWE&feature=related

While searching youtube...I also came across this equally rad version of Crimewave featuring: TURTLEZ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kssSm6YW1SM

B-day shout out to Raptrick. Stay away from any and all floatillas when you're in Israel...I'm just sayin'...

Hope you Dig,
JZ (aka the Night Owl)

1 comment:

  1. This song+Big wave surfing=all kinds of win. is that laird hamilton, the dragon slayer himself? laird hamilton could literally rip out your heart if he desired. lucky for us all he is a pacifist. hot wife too.

    ReplyDelete