Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Song of the Week (Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad Kitty)

Does anyone else think the new Ghostland is kinda ghey? I mean it has it's moments, and I still went to the Halloween concert, but I expected more than "Kick Clap Speaker"? What the F is that garbage? While we're on this topic, have you heard "Body Shop"? I was pretty stoked when I heard the opening beat, then a robot voice came on and started saying stupid stuff. Then things start to get real sophomoric: "Wax It! Grind It! Work It! and Ride It!" 2006 JZ may have found this pretty badass, but 2010 JZ thinks it's kinda weak sauce.

For the record if any of my future songs contain a robot voice, that robot voice will NEVER utter the words: "Whatcha gonna do at the body shop?" It will be so much radder...like: "Meow to your Sensai!" or "Prepare to die...seriously I'm about to kill you with LAZERS!"

Don't get me wrong, Halloween dominated. Both shadow and actual karate moves were employed at the concert.

Please observe the mystery that is Ghostparty Derailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZvaql37rcI

Disclaimer: If I were going to be in Dallas for NYE, I would probably go see Ghostland again. I mean those guys reinvest every last dollar they have in lazers, capes and synthesizers. Maybe they should have reinvested in some decent songs for their new album. OHHHHHH SNNNNAAAAPPPP Ghostland!

1 comment: