Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Song of the Week (Early Edition: Mark Ronson - Bang Bang Bang featuring Q-Tip and MNDR)

All right gang...I can't decide on a band to feature for the upcoming ACL weekend, so I'm going off the grid. Expect next week's pick to accurately reflect the starpower of Austin City Limits.

Supernintendo Tommers sent me this little gem earlier this week, and I was all like...OMFG! It's as if someone reached into my subconscious and pulled out all of my favorite stuff and built a song/video to capture it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=gx-EQTIHp2A

There have been a lot of attempted crossovers of rappers trying to capitalize on the Indie/Chillwave/Electronica genre:
Snoop Dogg - "Plastic Beach"
Kanye West - "I'm a big fat loser so TAKE ME SERIOUSLY...or I' m gonna cry"
P Diddy - "Some crap that totally failed cuz it sucked"

Q-Tip struck gold here. The guy is definitely talented, but this is some next level anthem sh!t. So much props for the Nintendo/Tron-themed visuals. And the kids break-dancing...also a nice touch.

This song reminds me of D.A.N.C.E but way better. I would recommend listening to this song:
1) at a party
2) on Friday as a key component of your fresh n' clean mix
3) while playing Nintendo (kinda makes we wanna play Megaman 2...I digress)
4) at Discovery Zone

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment