Thursday, October 21, 2010

Song of the Week (GnR - Welcome to the Jungle)

I know this isn't supposed to be an "Adventures of JZ" blog, but this is all I have been thinking about this week. Tomorrow (or today depending on when this is posted) I will be venturing with 15 other young snappers to that Desert Jungle known as Vegas for Tom-bone's bachelor party. We've been getting "all jacked up" about this weekend for months, and I've been thinking about the SOTW for this week for 7 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&ob=av3n
"Welcome to the Jungle" by the unmatched Guns N' Roses is THE quintessential bachelor party song. Runners up included:
1) Highway to the Dangerzone - Kenny Loggins?
2) Legs - ZZ Top
3) Creeping Death - Metallica (I'm just playin'....)

Seriously, when those first echoing Slash guitar chords come on the speakers...you know what time it is. It's a time that is much more serious than "Business Time". It's time to dominate. Like my boy Macho Man Randy Savage...OHHHH YEEEEEEEEAAH



When I tell people I'm going to a bachelor party in Vegas, I keep getting: "Oh! So, are you guys gonna be like the guys from the Hangover?" No Mom. It's not gonna be like The Hangover. Chinamen are not jumping out of trunks, and Mike Tyson is not going to reclaim his Tiger. I really don't think any of that would be awesome. I'm picturing something much closer to 1984 Tom Hanks' Bachelor Party. Clearly more fun than the Hangover.

Rest assured, when "Welcome to the Jungle" comes on at the club, and you know it will, prepare yourself for the most awesome Hi-Five of your life. It's gonna hurt.

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment