Friday, August 27, 2010

Song of the Week (Ween - Trandermal Celebration)

This week's song of the week is called "Transdermal Celebration". I saw this video when I was in Australia, and I thought it was the raddest video of all time.

Ween gets the nod this week because they are here...tonight...at the house of blues! Ween is admittedly a strange band. From "Ocean Man" to "Voodoo Lady", these guys have successfully (in this guy's opinion) crossed and bended the genres of pop, prog rock, broadway showtunes, and as much as I hate to admit it, schlock rock. Although the broader listening public has largely overlooked the awesomeness of Ween. I'm baffled. What does Katy Perry have that Dean and Gene Ween don't (aside from the obvious talent...)?

Exhibit A: "Bananas and Blow"
Disclaimer: I don't endorse the use of blow... I mean, I like Led Zeppelin, but I don't condone the use of black magic...by the way, Sarah...you should really stop using black magic.
This little number is about as catchy a pop song as I've ever heard:
"Bananas & Blow (oh - oh), Bananas & Blow
Stuck in my cabana, living on Bananas & Blow"

Personally, I've always wanted to rhyme banana and cabana. Stuck in your cabana indeed Messrs Ween.

Exhibit B: "Roses are Free"
"Eat plenty of lasagna 'til you know that you've had your fill
Resist all the urges that make you want to go out and kill"

One word: Genius

I mean seriously...who has urges to go out and kill? That's crazy! You would be crazy to have those thoughts! Unless that person was your arch-nemesis...I'm just playin'...not really.

Exhibit C: "Transdermal Celebration"
Just watch the video...it's rad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU91POX33aE

If anyone wants to go to the show tonight, holler. Buenos Tardes Amigos.

Hope you Dig,
JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment