Thursday, September 2, 2010

Song of the Week (Rhet - Top That)

Oh "Top That!"...thou mightest be the greatest rap video of all time.

For the longest time, I never knew what true rap skills were. I thought guys like Biggie and Andre3000 and Mike D had it figured out. Clearly, these guys had already seen Teen Witch before they even thought about rapping.

Even the title "Top That"...genius. Seriously, what can you say to "Top That"?

Stop that?

Get the F outta here with that noise!

"I'm hot, and you're not. But if you wanna hang with me, I'll give it one shot!"
Rhet, you are KILLING ME! How did this lyric gold not thrust you into epic rap battles with the likes of Coolio or that guy from Nappy Rootz. Instead, you were forced to battle a Jappy little girl on a bike who tips the binary scale at ZERO...FACE! We all know that this would never happen without the use of witchcraft. I mean Rhet's funkiness rivals that of George Clinton riding a hoverboard in outer-space.

And the dance moves...Rhet...your dance moves changed my life. They are...un-top-able. Who would dare to top that? F'ing NO ONE! I can't wait to bust out my new "Top That" dance moves at the Slip Inn.

Video quality: not so good, but you need to watch the opening sequence to capture the true top-thatedness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEa1BYBgeQI

Shout out to Adriane for introducing me to this hidden gem.

Hope you Dig,
JZ

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Jz I expect to see those dance moves at the next gathering. Neil and turner will def back u up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. We stumbled upon this little gem earlier this year. Random. See you at the Slip Inn.

    ReplyDelete