Thursday, September 30, 2010

Song of the Week (TXvOU Special Edition: ELO - Showdown)

Just another SOTW...TXvOU SPECIAL EDITION! You know what time it is...it's time for that Red River Showdown son!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmx68VmTEo

First I will address the unexpected reality of UT coming into this game with one loss. UT lost to UCLA.

What's important is the spirit of the Showdown...and that the Horns are clearly going to dominate. Much like Smokey v Debo, the Horns have mind control over the Sooners. Regardless, when these 2 teams meet in Dallas...it's bidness time. I can't think of any better bidness time song than Showdown.

Not since that epic battle between The Nature Boy, Kid-stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', custom-made, Ric Flair v. Lex Luger has there been such a Showdown.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1344944/4639986

TX and OU fans have a long history of talking mad noise to each other leading up to the game. These noise talking sessions can quickly spiral out of control to personal attacks.

Why just the other day I was having one such noise session with a Dad who went to OU:

JZ: So is your squad ready for the game?
OU Dad: Yeah, we're looking pretty tough. You guys had a great game last week...(clearly he was referring to the UCLA game)
JZ: How about...go F yourself!?
OU Dad: How about I put my foot in your @ss?
JZ: How about your son is ghey and I know because I saw him walking into Zippers with one of the Hispanic Eatzies checkout guys!
OU Dad: Seriously?
JZ: Yeah
OU Dad: Why didn't he tell me?
JZ: Because he knew you wouldn't accept him.
OU Dad: How could I be so blind...I need to reevaluate some things...(tears)
JZ: Hook em biatch!

Take a look around the fair tomorrow. You're gonna see a lot of goatees, jean shorts, and crimson. Jean shorts or no jean shorts, tomorrow is gonna be a Showdown.

Hook em,
JZ

2 comments: