Friday, September 24, 2010

Song of the Week (Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire)

Kings of Leon or "KOL" for 13-year-olds, was in Dallas last night, attempting to rock. I'm not sure how it went down because I wasn't in attendance, but I'm sure several guys sporting Hoobastank and Nickelback Ts thought that it "totally kicked ass".

I'll admit, the first time I listened to Kings of Leon, I was like: I'll put this in the "Dece" category. Short for "Decent", "Dece" is not a bad category to be in, but it certainly doesn't imply ass-kicking. Fast forward 5 years...people are praising the Kangs as if they were the 2nd coming of the Rolling Stones. Has the whole world gone CRAZY! How many times can you listen to "Sex on Fire" with schoolgirl giddiness? If I told some girl that her sex was on fire you wanna know what would happen? I'd probably get bear-maced. And I would deserve it for talking like such a colossal D-bag. "Hey babe...did anyone ever tell you your sex is on fire?" MACED!

I don't wanna hear any defense of Kings of Pee-on. I'm entitled to my opinion. I know when I attend a Megadeth concert that maybe the majority of the populace doesn't like hearing thrashing guitars, lyrics inspired by a nuclear holocaust, and/or, in my opinion, good old fashioned ass kicking, and that's OK. I'm fine with that. I can sleep at night knowing Dave Mustaine is out there putting on clinics for how to rock. So what if there are a few Dungeons n' Dragons players in the crowd? It comes with the territory.

Hoobastank Bro: "Bro, you know that I could use some-baw-day. Someone like you bro..."
Nickelback Bro: "Oh Brosky...your sex is totally on fire bro."
Hoobastank Bro: "Bro!"...Censored...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0HhrwIwp0&ob=av3n

At the same time Kings of Leon provide hope to no-talent-ass-clowns worldwide. Proof that if you do whatever a record label tells you and you religiously ess D, you too could win a few Grammys.

Bday shout out to a special 30-year-old Jody. I know you would never give these punks a Grammy.

Hope you Dig (the article, not the band of course),
JZ

2 comments: